- About Us
Welcome to Youth Ministry
Youth can get connected here at Good News by joining us at the following gatherings:
From 8:30-8:45 or 9:45-10:00 am 5th through 12th graders are invited to hang out in the lower level of the East Education Wing in the Fireside Room or to assist with the Family Celebration Gathering with the younger children in Lodge Cabin A/B or Main Level Rooms 11/12.
- 5th& 6th Graders: Classes for youth in 5th & 6th grade are offered at both 8:45 and 10:00 am. 5th & 6th Grade class will meet in Lodge Cabin B for their class time.
- 7th & 8th Graders: Class for youth in 7th & 8th grade will meet at 10:00 am. The 7th & 8th Grade class will meet in Lodge Cabin A for their class time.
- 9th -12th Graders: Class for youth in 9th– 12th grades will meet at 10:00 am. High School class will meet in the Fireside Room for their class time.
Sunday morning classes for youth begin Sunday, September 9 and are offered throughout the school year.
We have designed Sunday mornings in such a way that the members of families can all attend discipleship classes at the same time, as well as worship together during one of the morning services. For information on discipleship classes for children and adults click on the "Ministries" pull down menu on our homepage.
- Wednesday Night Suppers are a treat for the whole family! Supper is served in the Fellowship Hall from 5:15-6:15 (September through April). Come enjoy a break from cooking at home and get to know other folks at Good News. Suggested donation: $4 for adults and $2.50 for children under 12. No reservations are required.
- 5th & 6th Grade Youth Group - Students in 5th & 6th Grade are invited to our youth group designed specifically for them. The group will meet Wednesday evenings from September through April from 6:30-7:40 at church in the Cabin A in the Lodge Level of the East Education Wing. Special summer events will also be offered.
- 7th & 8th Grade Youth Group - 7th and 8th graders meet from 6:30-7:40 pm Wednesday nights in the Fireside Room in the Lodge Level of the East Education Wing throughout the year. Come have fun and learn together with other middle school students and adult volunteers.
- High School Youth Group - Students in grades 9-12 are invited to come together for study and fellowship from 8:00-9:15 pm year round. You’ll find us hanging out in the Fireside Room in the Lodge Level of the East Education Wing!
Other Youth Activities And HIGH SCHOOL Facebook SECURE Group
- Youth Sunday
- Middle School Okoboji Retreat
- Summer Mission trips
- Student and Adult events
- Leaders on the Horizon (for students desiring to go deeper in their faith development)
- Profession of Faith Classes
- Fundraising Events
For additional information concerning our Youth Ministry contact Peter Jenkins, Good News Youth Director, by email or call 605-361-6718 ext.12.
Click here to register for Youth Group.
Our Commitment to Your Children’s SafetyAt Good News we understand that when your children are with us you are entrusting us with their care and safety. In order to insure that we are caring for and protecting them to the best of our ability we have created and implemented a Child and Youth Abuse Prevention Program. This program requires the following of all those who volunteer to work with children (ages birth through high school) in our church:
- consistent attendance at Good News for a minimum of sixth months
- formal training provided by designated ministry leaders
- a completed application, including the provision of personal references
- agreement to undergo a reference check (and in some circumstances a full background check)
- a two adult policy in all classrooms
- a commitment to adhere to all policies and guidelines